-
Former AGF Abubakar Malami released after hours of interrogation by EFCC investigators.
-
Malami says allegations against him are “fabricated,” promises to return for further questioning.
-
EFCC silent on details of probe, despite inviting him via an official summons dated November 24.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has released the former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, after hours of interrogation at its headquarters.
Mr Malami, who confirmed his release on Saturday through a post on his X account, said he had been granted leave to return for further engagement with investigators. He added that the truth behind what he described as “fabricated allegations” would be revealed in due course.
ATTENTION: Click “HERE” to join our WhatsApp group and receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!
“In line with my undertaking to keep Nigerians updated on my invitation by EFCC, I give glory to Allah for His divine intervention,” he wrote.
“The engagement was successful and I am eventually released while on an appointment for further engagement as the truth relating to the fabricated allegations against me continues to unfold.”
READ ALSO: EFCC Declares Former Bayelsa Governor Timipre Sylva Wanted Over $14.8 Million Alleged Fraud
The EFCC had summoned the former minister through a letter dated November 24 and signed by Sunday Ofen-Imu on behalf of the Commission’s Chairman, Ola Olukoyede. The agency has not disclosed the specific allegations under investigation.
Mr Malami, who served as the nation’s chief law officer from 2015 to 2023, has been the subject of various public interest petitions over the years, though no formal charges have been filed against him.
