FG Orders MDAs to Submit Cash Plans as Release of Capital Funds Begins

3 Min Read
  • Payments for outstanding 2024 capital projects now underway

  • MDAs directed to upload 2025 cash plans by February 23

  • Government targets full capital budget implementation by March 31, 2026

The Federal Government of Nigeria has commenced the release of funds for outstanding capital projects captured in the 2024 budget and issued a fresh directive to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to fast-track implementation of subsequent appropriations.

Confirming the development on Friday, Special Adviser to the President on Public Communications and Orientation, Sunday Dare, said, “Payments for outstanding 2024 capital projects have now commenced.”

ATTENTION: Click HERE to join our WhatsApp group and receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!

He added that the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is also accelerating the execution of capital components in both the 2024 and 2025 budgets, with a firm completion timeline.

READ ALSO: Domestic violence now legal in Afghanistan as Taliban issue troubling new laws

“Full implementation of the capital components in both the 2024 and 2025 budgets targeted for completion on or before March 31, 2026,” Dare stated.

As part of measures to prevent further delays, Dare disclosed that all MDAs have been directed to submit or upload their cash plans for the 2025 capital budget by close of business on Monday, February 23, 2026.

“For the 2025 capital budget: All Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) have been directed to submit/upload their cash plans by close of business on Monday, February 23, 2026,” he said, adding that “payment processing will begin immediately thereafter.”

The directive comes amid growing concerns from contractors and stakeholders over delayed capital releases that have stalled infrastructure projects nationwide.

Earlier this month, Minister of Health, Ali Pate, revealed that the ministry received only ₦36 million out of the ₦218 billion appropriated in the 2025 capital budget. Speaking during a budget defence session in Abuja, he explained that delays in the release of counterpart funding hindered implementation.

Pate noted that while the ministry’s personnel budget was fully released and expended, the capital component suffered setbacks due to the bottom-up cash planning system operated by the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation.

He further explained that the 2026 budget proposal was prepared using the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS) in line with the National Development Plan 2021–2025, which emphasises needs-based allocation of resources.

For publication of Press Releases, Statements, and Advert Inquiries, send an email to info@dailyreport.ng
Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *