ICPC Detains El-Rufai After EFCC Release, DSS Denies Arrest

2 Min Read
  • El-Rufai moved to ICPC custody after EFCC detention

  • DSS denies arrest, says ex-governor not in its custody

  • N432bn fraud allegations, Dadiyata disappearance under probe

Former Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, was on Wednesday night taken to the headquarters of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) after a brief stay in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Security sources disclosed that El-Rufai was picked up from the EFCC headquarters in Abuja by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS), who had reportedly been monitoring the situation since his initial detention earlier in the week.

ATTENTION: Click HERE to join our WhatsApp group and receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!

READ ALSO: ICPC explains arrest of ex-NIMASA boss, Bashir Jamoh

However, DSS sources denied arresting or detaining the former governor, insisting he was not in their custody.

Investigations are said to centre on alleged financial misappropriation, including claims of a N432 billion fraud, contract award irregularities, money laundering and the accumulation of heavy debts during his tenure.

A security source further revealed that the DSS has reopened the 2019 disappearance of government critic Abubakar Idris, popularly known as Dadiyata. Idris, a lecturer at the Federal University Dutsinma, Katsina State, was abducted from his Kaduna residence on August 1, 2019, and has not been seen since.

According to the source, the seizure of El-Rufai’s passport last week at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, was aimed at preventing him from travelling abroad while investigations continue.

For publication of Press Releases, Statements, and Advert Inquiries, send an email to info@dailyreport.ng
Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *