Governor and Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has started that it is not the job of the Federal Government to address unemployment.
He noted that the government can only create the enabling environment for job creation to thrive.
Fayemi stated this while speaking during a Question and Answer session after his official declaration at the Congress Hall of Transcorp Hilton, Abuja on Wednesday.
“It is not the job of the government to address unemployment, it is our job to create the enabling environment to allow employment to happen. He said
“We will create an enabling environment for businesses to thrive and then these businesses will create jobs in the process.”
The Governor also noted that he has no challenge with the mode of primaries the All Progressive Congress will adopt in its forthcoming presidential primary election slated from May 30 to June 1, 2022.
He said, “Let me begin with our constitution. The constitution of our party identifies three ways to conduct our primaries. Now we have an electoral act that says to have consensus, all parties must sign up.
“I think for me, whatever route we take must also capture the voice of our people. Both inside and outside of our party, people should have a say in the party affairs.
“I have no problems with direct or indirect primaries. Whatever gives us the opportunity to engage Nigerians in a way that best suits them and gives party members the freedom to decide the future of our country.”
- ATM Withdrawals Limited to N20,000 Daily, Says CBN
- President Buhari Advices Nigerians to Vote any Candidates of thier Choice
- BREAKING: Nigerian Singer D’Banj Arrested by ICPC
- Comedian Brain Jotter Becomes Crypto Firm Brand Ambassador
- Buhari Leaves for Guinea-Bissau
- NCC Sends Warning to Nigeria TikTok Users
- Qatar 2022: “I am very happy with the profile of players that I have” Luis Enrique backs his players
- Qatar 2022: “Ronaldo was benched for tactical reasons” Portuguese coach , Fernando Santos
- Qatar 2022 “Very hard on us” Sergio Busquet rues Spain’s defeat
- Qatar 2022:Cristiano who ? Goncalo Ramos has arrived