- Troops neutralise five Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorists
- Operation carried out in Sabsawa village, Borno State
- Three abducted children rescued during clearance operations
- One teenage terrorist suspect surrenders in Yobe State
Troops of the Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) have neutralised five Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters during coordinated military operations in Borno State, while also rescuing three abducted children from terrorist hideouts.
The successful operations were carried out by Sector 1 troops of the Northeast Joint Task Force on February 20 and 21, 2026, around Sabsawa village and surrounding areas.
ATTENTION: Click “HERE” to join our WhatsApp group and receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!
Confirming the development in a statement issued in Maiduguri, the OPHK Media Information Officer, Sani Uba, said troops foiled a planned terrorist attack before eliminating five insurgents.
“Our ground troops successfully foiled a terrorists’ attack, neutralising five of them before rescuing kidnapped civilians in a separate operation conducted over the weekend,” he said.
Uba explained that during a fighting patrol near Sabsawa village, troops made contact with suspected terrorists and responded with superior firepower, forcing the insurgents to flee.
Following a sweep of the area, five terrorists were confirmed neutralised.
In a related operation, troops deployed at Ngurosoye in the Bama Local Government Area rescued three children who had been abducted by suspected terrorists.
The rescued children were identified as Abba Abba, 12; Fatima Abba, 8; and Aisha Abba, 6, all from the same family in Sabsawa village.
According to Uba, preliminary findings revealed that the children were abducted about two months ago along the Gubio axis and later moved to Bula-Daloye by the terrorists.
The children have since been handed over to the Nigeria Police Force for further necessary action.
Meanwhile, in another development within the theatre of operations, troops recorded the surrender of an 18-year-old terrorist suspect, Abubakar Abubakar, at Geidam in Yobe State. He is currently in military custody undergoing profiling.
