Home News Umahi Opens Up on Threatening To Support Biafra
NewsPolitics

Umahi Opens Up on Threatening To Support Biafra

Share
Umahi Opens Up on Threatening To Support Biafra | Daily Report Nigeria
Share
Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State, has denied threatening to support Biafra agitators if President Muhammadu Buhari allows his removal from office.

Reports had alleged that the embattled governor had threatened to support Biafra agitation if president Buhari allowed the enforcement of a Federal High Court ruling that sacked him and his deputy, Kelechi Igwe.

He was also said to have been prevented from entering the Ebonyi State Government House by the Nigerian Army on Wednesday.

However, Umahi, who spoke through his Special Assistant, Francis Nwaze, on Thursday said Buhari would not interfere with the process of the Judiciary.

The governor further disclosed that the ruling of the Court had been vacated through an exparte order, adding that he has appealed the judgment at Courts of Appeal in Enugu and Abuja.

He said: “With this, all issues of the sack of the Governor and his Deputy have been laid to rest at least until the motion on notice is exhaustively determined, which means that there couldn’t have been any basis for the faceless poster to allege that the Army stopped His Excellency from entering the Government House if not for mischief-making.

“It is also worthy of mention that His Excellency the Governor at no time threatened to support Biafra agitations if Mr President allows the Court to remove him and wouldn’t have done that knowing that due to separation of powers, the President cannot decide for the Judiciary which is a full-fledged arm of Government on its own.

Also Read: Gov Umahi Vows To Deal With Ebonyi PDP

“While it is obvious that all these are simply invented to distract the Governor from delivering good governance to the people, it is pertinent to underscore that His Excellency is too focused on his transformation agenda to be distracted by disgruntled elements.

“Given the foregoing, we, therefore, urge the citizens of Ebonyi State and supporters of His Excellency across Nigeria and beyond to disregard the fake news and go about their lawful businesses bearing in mind that by the grace of God their Excellencies would consolidate on their mandate in the Appellate courts

Share

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles
How Hyenas Almost Ate Me In Kidnappers’ Den – Ex-NYSC DG Narrates | Daily Report Nigeria
News

How Hyenas Almost Ate Me In Kidnappers’ Den – Ex-NYSC DG Narrates

Former NYSC boss, Maharazu Tsiga has recounted his experience in the hands...

South Korea's Constitutional Court Removes President Yoon Suk Yeol from Office | Daily Report Nigeria
Politics

South Korea’s Constitutional Court Removes President Yoon Suk Yeol from Office

South Korea’s Constitutional Court has unanimously ruled to remove President Yoon Suk...

Supreme Court Sacks Julius Abure as Labour Party Chairman | Daily Report Nigeria
Politics

Supreme Court Sacks Julius Abure as Labour Party Chairman

The Supreme Court of Nigeria has sacked Julius Abure as the National...

'Leave Lagos, Go To Your State Of Origin' - Reno Omokri Tackles Angry Lagosians | Daily Report Nigeria
News

‘Leave Lagos, Go To Your State Of Origin’ – Reno Omokri Tackles Angry Lagosians

Reno Omokri has dropped his two cents concerning recent backlash received by...