in

2 Kogi Poly Students Die From Generator Fumes

In a heartbreaking incident, two students from Kogi State Polytechnic in Lokoja lost their lives after inhaling toxic fumes released by a power-generating set.

The generator had been positioned near the window of their apartment overnight.

Confirming the unfortunate event, SP William Ovye Aya, the state police public relations officer, revealed that the victims were Bilikisu Eleojo, a 20-year-old student, and Ibrahim Haliru.

Aya explained that Eleojo and Haliru succumbed to the fumes while asleep, tragically passing away before daybreak.

ATTENTION: Click HERE to join our WhatsApp group and receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!

Neighbors discovered their lifeless bodies in the room during the early hours of Thursday, leaving the community in shock and mourning.

However, one Mercy Ojochegbe, who was also in the room, was rushed to the hospital still breathing but in critical condition.

Aya said:

There were three students from Kogi State Polytechnic inside the room. One Bilikisu Tijani Eleojo, 20 years old, Ibrahim Haliru, and Mercy Ojochegbe.

“When they slept inside their room, a generating set was switched on close to the window of their apartment.

“They all slept off and inhaled carbon monoxide as a result of the generating set that was switched on.

“Bilikisu Tijani Eleojo and Ibrahim Haliru were already dead when neighbours discovered the sad incident in the morning, while Mercy Ojochegbe, who was still breathing, was immediately rushed to the hospital.

“The incident was reported at the ‘B’ Division of the Nigeria Police Force Lokoja and investigation is ongoing.”

 

 

Leave a Reply

Drama as Mummy Dollarz sacks Aunty Ramota from her house for refusing to greet

Catholic Bishops Announce Refusal to Bless Same-sex Marriages