Ex-aide to former president Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri has claimed that the 2022 Grammy Award winner, Angelique Kidjo is Nigerian, because she speaks the Yoruba language fluently.
DAILY REPORT NG reported that Nigerian singer, Wizkid’s Made in Lagos album, which was nominated for Best Global Music Album, lost to Angelique Kidjo’s Mother Nature.
Omokri said: “When I saw how Nigerians were more concerned with the Grammy Awards, and especially with bashing Angelique Kidjo (who is actually qualified to be a Nigerian citizen) than the widespread killings by terrorists in our country, I realised that Buhari is not the only problem Nigeria has!
“Let me shock some of you-Angelique Kidjo speaks fluent Yoruba. By virtue of Section 25 of Nigeria’s Constitution, Angelique Kidjo is a Nigerian. It shows the depth of ignorance of Nigerians to attack her for defeating Nigeria at the Grammy. Can Nigeria defeat Nigeria”?
- ATM Withdrawals Limited to N20,000 Daily, Says CBN
- President Buhari Advices Nigerians to Vote any Candidates of thier Choice
- BREAKING: Nigerian Singer D’Banj Arrested by ICPC
- Comedian Brain Jotter Becomes Crypto Firm Brand Ambassador
- Buhari Leaves for Guinea-Bissau
- NCC Sends Warning to Nigeria TikTok Users
- Qatar 2022: “I am very happy with the profile of players that I have” Luis Enrique backs his players
- Qatar 2022: “Ronaldo was benched for tactical reasons” Portuguese coach , Fernando Santos
- Qatar 2022 “Very hard on us” Sergio Busquet rues Spain’s defeat
- Qatar 2022:Cristiano who ? Goncalo Ramos has arrived