Indian Man Rapes 17-Year-Old Employee in Delta

By Daily Report Nigeria
4 Min Read

An Indian national has allegedly raped a 17-year-old employee in Asaba, the Delta State capital.

The suspect identified simply as Gange, reportedly raped the teenager who is said to be undergoing severe pain.

The issue was first made public by human right activist, Victor Ojei, popularly known as Wong Box.

The activist cried out following alleged attempts by the Area Command to cover up the incident after it was reported.

- Advertisement -

Comrade Ojei, who led security agents and other rights activists to the scene of the crime, disclosed through pictures and video evidence, the pains the little girl was passing through in her helpless situation as she could barely walk straight.

Wong Box said in terse statement;

‘’This 17 years old girl was raped 48 hrs ago by an India man who employed her last week. We shall not tolerate any cover up. We can see there are attempt at a cover up as usual.

“We call on the Ministry of Justice, the Delta State Government, Delta State Commissioner of Police and it’s leadership, the Inspector General of Police, the Police Service Commission, National Human Rights Commission and all Stakeholders to do the needful. We will present all evidences and victims if possible to testify.”

However, an uncle of the victim, Mr. P. Chigozie told newsmen that the suspect had called on his niece on Sunday morning to assist him in cooking and other domestic issues.

He said:

“Two of my nieces just finished the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and they went to look for jobs instead of staying at home.

“They went to the company ‘Wonder Pack’ along Onitsha-Asaba Expressway, the company offered them cleaning jobs, as the only vacant jobs available and told them that they will be helping them in cooking also when the need arises.

“On Sunday morning, one of the Indian bosses, Mr. Gange called my niece to come to the company, and assist in buying things in the market and cook because they stayed in the lodge inside the company.

“My niece went there at about 9:00 a.m. and we waited for her till 6:00 p.m. without hearing from her, we tried her number and it was switched off.

“At about 7:00 p.m. my family members moved to the company, on getting to the gate, the police officers refused us entry into the company, saying that our sister was not there.

“We left and reported the matter to the police station, but the police asked us to go home and wait till Monday morning to see if the girl might come back.

“She called us in the night and we quickly moved to the company on getting there, we saw the police officer who earlier denied knowledge of my niece’s presence, pushing her naked and looking pale.

“My niece said when she came that Sunday morning, her boss offered her a drink, praising her for previous hard work. After drinking, she said she did not remember anything again, until about 4:00 a.m. when she saw herself inside the wardrobe.”

Mr. Chigozie said the family informed the police who stormed the company and arrested the Indian.

Confirming the incident, Command’s spokesperson, Bright Edafe said the suspect has been arrested.

He said;

“We are yet to ascertain whether he did it or not until the investigation is concluded.”

Share this Article
Leave a comment