Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state has declared that video footage of the infamous Lekki Toll Gate massacre of unarmed protesters will be made available to the state’s Judicial Panel on police Brutality.
Sanwo-Olu’s announcement follows the Tuesday October 20 Lekki Toll Gate shooting of peaceful demonstrators by the Nigerian Army.
This was disclosed by the Governor during a media live programme on Thursday.
This is coming barely 24hrs after the Governor had denied ordering the removal of CCTV cameras at the Lekki Toll Gate.
”The cameras you saw are not security or motion cameras, they are laser cameras for vehicles. The security cameras are still available and we are using them for our security investigations.”
“The MD of LCC said because of the curfew, they made the decision to take out installations,” the Governor said.
A Judicial Panel had been set up in the state following protests against police brutality in the state.