Denmark and Tunisia kick off their 2022 FIFA World Cup campaign when they go head to head at the Education City Stadium on Tuesday afternoon.
The Danes maintained a nearly perfect record in the qualifiers for Qatar. They won their first nine games and only conceded three goals during the campaign to comfortably lead Group F with 27 points from 10 games.
Denmark will lean heavily upon star midfielder Christian Eriksen. But he’s not the only star for the Danes.
The Carthage Eagles, as the Tunisians are nicknamed, will be hoping to write history and go beyond the group stage for the first time in their history. They will be counting on the large Tunisian community in Qatar for support to better a dismal World Cup record of two wins and nine losses in 15 games
- Advertisement -
Kick-off – 14:00 G.M.T
Stadium – Education City Stadium
Probable Lineup (3-4-1-2):
Schmeichel; Andersen, Kjaer, Christensen; Wass, Delaney, Hojbjerg; Maehle; Eriksen; Dolberg, Braithwaite.
Probable Lineup (4-3-3):
Dahmen; Drager, Talbi, Bronn, Abdi; Laidouni, Skhiri, Chaaleli; Slimane, Msakni, Khazri
- Denmark and Tunisia have never faced off in a competitive fixture before. Their only previous meeting was a friendly ahead of the 2002 FIFA World Cup that Denmark won 2-1.
- Denmark has played African opposition four times in the World Cup and is yet to lose a single fixture., They have drawn two and won two matches apiece.
- Tunisia has faced European opposition ten times at the World Cup, drawing three and losing seven. They are yet to win a single game.
- This is only the second time that Denmark has qualified for back-to-back World Cup tournaments.
- Denmark has scored 30 goals in the FIFA World Cup, none of which have come from outside the box. This is the longest such run without a long-range strike for any side in the tournament’s history.
Denmark 2-0 Tunisia and over 2.5 goals.
Tunisia will be keen to make a mark and will be competitive. But Denmark has the experience and the quality to boot. Add to it their optimism following a good run of results, the Europeans will be favourites to prevail 2-0 in the encounter in Qatar