Revered Niger Delta group, The Egbesu Brotherhood has thrown it’s weight behind the ongoing probe of the Niger Delta Development Commission by the Federal House of Representatives over a high-level of corruption and looting practices in the Commission.
The probe which also involves the Minster of Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio has revealed an unrepentant degree of misapproriation of the commission’s funds over the years.
NDDC Probe: Mention NASS Members Who Took Contracts From NDDC, Reps Tell Akpabio
In a communique by the Brotherhood following an emergency convergence, the group stated it’s utmost support for the ongoing probe and tasked the House Committee overseeing the probe to be swift in discharging her duties.
ATTENTION: Click “HERE” to join our WhatsApp group and receive News updates directly on your WhatsApp!
The group urged the House Committee to make public all guilty parties including lawmakers as well as contractors and companies that are involved in the loot process.
Deputy Leader of the group, Priest Ellington Bakumo, who signed the communique expressed embarrassment towards the level of corruption and wickedness sons of the Niger Delta like Minister Akpabio are have meted on the region.
The group issued a two-week ultimatum to the House Committee to complete the probe process and release names of all guilty parties for justice to take it’s full course, as anything less than the above would result in a loss of confidence on the National Assembly.
The statement reads in full;
On the emergency convergence of the leadership and stakeholders of Egbesu brotherhood on the embarrassing turn of event at the National Assembly on the NDDC probe, the following positions were taken after critical examination and evaluation of the effects of the continuous fraud carried out against the Niger Delta People and the impunity in which such matters are swept under the carpet.
1. That the Egbesu Brotherhood, is not a pacifist religious practice that requires us to kowtow in the face of injustice but to rise to the occasion to defend the wealth and heritage of our people by any means necessary .
2. We have been too quiet on the happenings that are clearly a sign of greater impunity to befall our people, if we do not act as fast as we will now, even as we also call on IYC and all stake holders in the region to rise to the occasion and save the NDDC and Amnesty Office from rots and corrupt people, and that the silence of the self styled NDA who claim to be fighting for the interest of the Common man of the niger delta is becoming a mirage
3. That the NDDC is a creation of the federation in attestation of the deprivation of our people even as the Goose that lays the Golden egg
4. That we support the ongoing probe by the National Assembly to audit to the extent that the list of every company or individual that has taken part in the mismanagement and merciless looting of our collective wealth should be published irrespective of the owners profile.
5. That we are embarrassed by the wickedness of our own Niger Delta leaders like Akpabio, hence we support the probe of the national assembly on the Interim Management Committee and any fraud related activities within the NDDC.
6. That we will resist any form of arm twisting or blackmail that will result to the end of the National Assembly probe, as it is the collective destiny of our people that is being carted away through fraud and financial misappropriations.
7. That we are giving a two weeks to the Interim Management Committee and the National Assembly probe panel to conclude the investigation and show Niger Delta people and indeed Nigerians those entities involved in the daylight robbery of our people.
8. That at the end of this ultimatum, we will loose confidence in the process of the National Assembly and then reexpress our right has divinely given to fight for the hopeless and downtrodden of the Niger Delta within the ambience of the law of the land .